Vintage Editorial Makeup Course
The Vintage Editorial Makeup Course is for anyone who has a basic knowledge and understanding of hair & makeup but would like to progress their skills further.
Students will learn the historical attitudes towards makeup and hair over each decade whilst looking at iconic makeup and hair trends from the Hollywood stars of the silver screen. Students will then adapt these iconic looks and create an editorial image of a vintage classic, which is so popularly in demand within the Fashion, Editorial and Bridal sector at present. The final day of this course includes a professional photoshoot with an iconic vintage editorial look of the student’s choice.
Covering iconic makeup, hair trends and historical overviews of each of the following:
• 1920s and 1930s Finger waving, and pin curls
• 1940s Victory rolls, and peekaboo bangs
• 1950s Rockabilly styles, Chignons and French pleats
• 1960s Beehives, Bouffant and the Mod look
• 1970s Flicks and wings, Pierrot and the Hippie subculture
• 1980s Bold colour clash and chromatic makeup
• 1990s Introduction of Girl power, commercialised and mainstream fashion trends
• Professional photoshoot and set etiquette